Current as of May 5, 2019
Type of Regulation Sought: Title Protection
Title Requested: Counselling Therapist
- A small group formed in Saskatchewan to conduct the initial research regarding how a health profession is regulated in that province.
- A list of organizations related to counselling was compiled.
- These organizations were invited to a meeting on January 30, 2016 in Saskatoon.
- All organizations at the meeting agreed to work together towards regulation.
- Each organization appointed two people to be the liaisons to the “alliance”.
- At subsequent meetings it was agreed to name the alliance FACT-SK.
- A Steering Committee was formed.
- The draft application was developed.
- Application was submitted in July 2018.
- Government response in September 2018 was very negative.
- In December 2018, Minister of Rural Health indicated that he was interested in regulation as a result of the Alberta activity.
- In March 2019, FACT-SK representatives sought and were granted a meeting with the Minister of Rural Health.
- Additional documentation, including rebuttal information, was provided.